June 20, 2019 – MSPN is currently accepting applications from those interested in joining our team as an editor. Specifically, we’re looking for someone with a background in writing and editing, and a passion for snowmobiling, to work as the Snowmobile Publications Project Manager and the Editor of Wisconsin Snowmobile News. If you or someone you know is interested please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Snowmobile Publications Project Manager/Managing Editor of Wisconsin Snowmobile News
Seeking well-qualified individual to serve as Managing Editor for Wisconsin Snowmobile News magazine, as well as Project Manager for two other state association snowmobile magazines.
Project Manager duties include:
- Work as liaison between Midwest Sports Publishing Network (MSPN) and associations on issues, offer edit suggestions, etc attend conventions, workshops and/or board meetings when needed.
- Assist in arranging freelance needs for edit in Minnesota Snowmobiling and Wisconsin Snowmobile News, find trail stories if editor unable to come up with enough, etc.
Managing Editor of Wisconsin Snowmobile News duties include:
- Manage content, planning, ideas, and implementation/execution of all editorial efforts
- Gather/format and proofread association columns and special reports
- Assist with needed trail stories, special reports, etc.
- Prepare all editorial/photos for production needs; pagination, format and proof
- Final proof reading of designed magazine. Consolidate all proof changes requested from association proofreaders. – provide to MSPN offices for final proof prior to print
- Maintain P.O. Box designated specifically for Wisconsin Snowmobile News
- Attend all major Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Club events and write coverage, meet with magazine committee & executive boards at state meetings and additional as needed.
Applicant should have background in journalism, copy writing and editing and have at least one year of experience in the field.
An interest in snowmobiling is preferred, as is residing in Wisconsin but we are willing to work with the right applicant.
Must be able to manage working in a home office setting and be able to work several weekends a year to cover events.
To be determined based on qualifications, and with full or part-time consideration.
Submit your resume for consideration to: email@example.com. For more information, email or call Joel Mellenthin at 952-473-7870.