MEDINA, Minn. (March 5, 2015) – Polaris snowmobile hillclimbers on RMK deep snow sleds ruled at the RMSHA Afton, Wyoming Hillclimb on Feb. 28, as they won 11 of 12 Pro classes – including all four Stock and all four Modified classes – and they swept all three Pro King of the Hill titles.
Polaris Pro-class racers filled 26 of 36 podium spots (72%), including 11 of 12 in the four Stock classes, where the Polaris racers compete on nearly stock RMK deep snow models like those available at Polaris dealerships. At Afton, which was the second event of the Rocky Mountain States Hillclimb Association’s season, six different Polaris hillclimbers won Pro class titles, and four racers won multiple classes:
• Keith Curtis won three classes (600 Stock, 1000 Stock, Open Modified), reached the podium in all five of his classes, and won the Stock King of the Hill title.
• David Sharp, Jr. won two classes (1000 Improved Stock, 800 Modified) and won both the Improved Stock King of the Hill and Modified King of the Hill crowns.
• Aaron Sterck won the 700 Improved Stock class en route to earning a podium finish in all five of his classes.
• Luke Rainey won the 700 Stock and 800 Stock titles and earned two seconds.
• Erin Beukelman won the 800 Improved Stock and 700 Modified classes.
• Michael Crockett won the 600 Modified title and took third in 700 Improved Stock.
Also reaching the podium with second-place finishes in the Pro classes were Justin Thomas, Les Keller, and Brandon Titensor, and Cole Willford and Dolan Phelps scored third-places.
Polaris Racers Win Pro Masters & Semi-Pro Crowns
In the Pro Masters classes, Dennis Durmas won the Modified class and was second in Improved Stock, and Charles Lopeman won the Stock class.
Polaris racer Tanner Meyers won the Semi-Pro Stock class and took Semi-Pro Stock King of the Hill honors, while Jason Fox won the Semi-Pro Modified class.
In the Amateurs class, Polaris racers Derek Bair, Johnathon Durmas, and Rick Marshall finished 1-2-3, respectively, and Polaris racers swept the top 10 spots. Johnathon Durmas also won the Juniors class.
The next hillclimb on the RMSHA schedule is in Pinedale, Wyoming on March 7-8. Click here to view a video of last weekends hillclimb action.