Looking for something to do this weekend? Head over to the 25th Annual Waconia Ride-In in Waconia, Minnesota for three full days of pure vintage snowmobile glory.
January 2015 we feature Polaris & Arctic Cat
This year we will fill the Ballroom with pairs of Polaris/Arctic Cat consumer machines showing technology/design/styling evolution over time.
Also, look for displays that commemorate our 25 years of putting on this show. Come see our historic presentations and proud homage to the iconic vintage brands.
- Swap Meet. One of the world’s biggest vintage snowmobile swap meets. Come check out tons of vendors and individuals from all over the U.S. and Canada with parts, sleds, memorabilia and more for sale. Free swapping on Sunday!
- Hearty food for hungry folks. In just one day, we serve up some 1,500 pork chops, 1,300 hot dogs, 40 gallons of Chili and 100 cases of pop – plus cookies and mini-donuts for dessert.
- Trailer drop off. Enter grounds (with admission button) and park your trailer from 2:00 -6:00 p.m.. Vendors may set up on Friday afternoon as well. Must be pre-registered or buy weekend pass on Friday to participate on Friday. Save time in line Saturday morning.
- Ice Breaker Party. This popular Friday night get-together is at 7:00 -10:00 p.m. in the Ballroom, for the early arrivers. Special guests. Cash bar. NO meal service.
- Vintage riding: Take your old sled out of moth balls and bring it down for an 11 mile ride with 800+ of your old-sled friends. The biggest vintage ride anywhere. NO Minnesota trail permit required for this vintage ride. Starts at 11:00 am. Staging for the ride is on the lake.
- Classic-only trail ride. This is for 1986-1995 sleds. Starts at 2:00 pm. Staging for the ride is on the lake.
- Ice Drag Racing! One of the most important vintage drag racing events all winter. You can bet you’ll see some smokin’ hot sleds at this year’s event! Read more about it in our RACING page.
- Saturday night banquet with special Polaris & Arctic Cat dignitaries, a live auction and a great dinner. Banquet attendance is by RSVP only — registration form HERE and HERE.
- World’s biggest Vintage Snowmobile Show with over 45 classes and 140+ awards this year. Now with Survivor and Clone classes. New Classis class.
- Ice Oval Racing, courtesy of the Oval Racers Alliance (ORA)! Read more about it in our RACING page.
- Autograph Session: noon – 1:00 p.m. inside Ballroom. Bring your Minnesota Icon memorabilia (limit 3 items) to have legends and VIP’s autograph. Special event posters available to purchase.
- Think your sled is LOUD? Enter it in the Loud Snowmobile contest – it starts at 1:00 p.m. sharp. This year we will award prizes for both Megaphone and Tuned Pipe categories! Add your name to the registration list in the ballroom on Sunday morning.
- Silent auction of great vintage snowmobile memorabilia form 10:30 am to 2:30 p.m.
- Special interest displays inside the Ballroom
- 3:00 Awards Ceremony