Zach Herfindahl and Wes Selby go 1-2 in Pro 600; Team Arctic Victorious in 11 Classes; Plus 25 Class Wins for Team Arctic at ISOC Regional Snocross in Hill City, Minn.
Thief River Falls, Minn. (Dec. 19, 2013) – If there were any questions about which snowmobile brand would start the cross-country race season on top, Team Arctic racers answered with a crushing performance at the USXC Gerald Dyrdahl Memorial 200 at Pine Lake near Clearbrook, Minn., winning 11 of 18 finals including the prestigious Pro 600 final.
Armed with the new ZR6000R Sno Pro and Sno Pro 500 race sleds, Team Arctic racers and crews proved triumphant against the bitter cold conditions, the competition and an 11-mile lake course that rewarded speed and cornering prowess. Christian Brothers Racing pro Zach Herfindahl established his place at the top of the class, winning the Pro 600 class ahead of Team Arctic teammate Wes Selby and fourth place finisher Jordan Torgerson.
All totaled Team Arctic racers captured 37 of 54 podium places at Pine Lake including the 11 class wins.
“There’s always a question mark going into the first race of the season,” said Mike Kloety, Team Arctic Race Manager, “And we’re definitely pleased with the answer. Herfindahl and Selby both raced exceptionally well, with each taking a win in one of the two Pro 600 finals that were combined for an overall score. Plus we have three top Semi Pro contenders in Casey Pries, Jon Arneson and Lance Efteland.
“We’re also very pleased with the strength of our 2014 ZR6000 RR in the new Super Stock class, where Jon Arneson and John Koch finished 1-2 on the consumer-available machine.”
Arctic Cat’s strength and depth in cross-country was underscored by the team’s capture of 36 of 54 possible podium positions, as well as the 10 different class winners. The same strength and depth were on display by the snocross team at the ISOC Regional event in Hill City, Minn., where Team Arctic combined to win 25 of 46 class finals.
Team Arctic cross-country racers return to national competition on Jan. 4, 2014, at the USXC event in Detroit Lakes, Minn. The next ISOC National race for Team Arctic national snocross competitors is Jan. 3-4 in Shakopee, Minn.
Team Arctic Results from 2013 USXC Cross-Country at Pine Lake 200 in Clearbrook, Minn.
• Pro 600: 1. Zach Herfindahl; 2. Wes Selby
• Pro Open: 2. Wes Selby; 3. Brian Dick
• Semi Pro 600: 1. Casey Pries; 2. Jon Arneson
• Semi Pro Imp.: 1. Casey Pries; 2. Lance Efteland
• Super Stock: 1. Jon Arneson; 2. John Koch
• Expert 85: 1. Chad Dyrdahl; 3. Ryan Trout
• Expert 85 Improved: 2. John Langaas; 3. Nathan Lindom
• Masters 40 Plus: 2. Jon Arneson; 3. John Koch
• Women: 3. Jolene Bute
• Sport 600: 2. Chase Nordstrom; 3. Mitchel Hawkins
• Sport 600 Improved: 2. Dylan Parsons
• Sport 85: 1. Garet Grzadzielewski; 2. Ryan Weidemann; 3. Marty Feil
• Vintage 40 Plus: 2. Gerry Mattison; 3. Karl Valtinson
• Vintage 50 Plus: 1. Gary Tintes
• Classic IFS 440: 1. Brad Naplin; 2. Steve Martinson; 3. Tom Clement
• Junior 10-13: 1. Keaton Black; 2. David Brown; 3. Marcus Herfindahl
•Junior 14-17: 1. Mason Kallock; 2. Hunter Houle; 3. Logan Killchowski
• Junior 14-17 Girls; 1. Kelsey Pladson; 3. Marissa Kallock